Active Albania Sustainability Policy
Active Albania is a tour operator in Albania offering cultural and outdoor travel experiences.
Our goal is to provide travellers with authentic cultural and nature based experiences while also preserving and protecting natural and human resources for future generations.
Our mission is to provide travellers with meaningfuls experience through close links with local suppliers, while promoting sustainability through education and preservation of cultural and natural resources.
Sustainability Management & Legal Compliance
Active Albania is committed to sustainability management by:
- Having a designated employee responsible for sustainability coordination
- Having a communicated sustainability mission statement
- Having an accessible and written sustainability policy that reduces negative impacts and includes employee health and safety
- Conducting a baseline assessment of sustainable practices
- Having a sustainability action plan with clear goals, measures, and responsibilities
- Having procedures to monitor and evaluate the sustainability policy and objectives
- Ensuring all staff are aware of and committed to the sustainability policy
- Complying with all national laws and regulations.
Social Policy & Human Rights
Active Albania is committed to sustainable internal management by having a clear and communicated social policy that includes:
- Employee freedom of employment and notice for contract termination
- Sick leave and annual leave allowance
- Health and safety policy compliant with national laws
- Trained staff and first aid sets available at all locations
- Compliance with minimum employment age laws
- Employee training on health and safety including fire and disaster preparedness
- Prohibiting discrimination based on gender, race, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation
- Providing equal access to resources and opportunities for personal development through training and education.
Environment & Community Relations
Active Albania is committed to environmental protection and community relations by:
- Reducing disposable and consumer goods use
- Purchasing in bulk to reduce packaging
- Implementing paper-saving modes in printing and copying
- Reducing brochure wastage and promoting online options
- Using energy-efficient equipment
- Complying with national waste disposal laws
- Reducing plastic bottle usage
- Implementing waste reduction methods in printing and copying
- Reducing transport impacts through tele-work and tele/video meetings
- Providing staff training on internal environmental practices
- Contributing to the preservation of local historically, culturally, and spiritually significant sites.
Active Albania aims to have a fully sustainable tourism supply chain, starting with partner accommodations. We do this by:
- Supporting sustainability initiatives with other tour operators and stakeholders
- Selecting accommodations that meet sustainability and quality standards, including sustainability contracts, water and energy saving programs, waste management, energy reduction systems, child protection policies, CSR activities, and employee health and safety training
- Motivating partner accommodations to become sustainably certified
- Preferring locally-owned and managed accommodations
- Selecting accommodations that employ local communities
- Requesting evidence of sustainable practices from partner accommodations.
At Active Albania, we prioritize the involvement of local communities in our tourism business by employing them in key roles such as tour leaders, local representatives, guides, porters, drivers, cooks, and other local staff. We aim to provide a fair and safe working environment and comply with international, national, and local laws and regulations as well as industry minimum standards. Our employees receive regular training and are informed of our sustainability policy. We also offer a sustainable travel module for local tour guides and hosts that covers responsible tourism aspects. Our tour leaders, representatives, and guides educate travellers on local sustainability, social norms, and human rights.
Regarding customer communication and protection, customer satisfaction and privacy are our top priority. Before booking, we provide a company guideline for travellers, comply with relevant standards in marketing and advertising, and ensure clear and accurate product and price information. During holidays, we provide information about local surroundings, sustainability, and emergency contact information. After holidays, we measure traveler satisfaction and include sustainability in our research.
If you need any information or clarification about our policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why choose us
Active Albania offers niche expertise.
We focus our strengths to do a dynamic job for a very distinct group of clients and needs. Active Albania engages a small high ended staff of senior-level consultants and draws tailor made solution. The result? A highly quick-moving, more coherent approach to giving you the services you need, when you need them.
Decades of collective experience.
Our associates and subject matter experts have decades of experience in strengthening local municipalities and tourism small businesses. They’ve served in a wide range of positions, from public to private sector.
Personal service from senior-level consultants.
You appreciate it when deadlines are met, phone calls are returned and your challenges are given in-depth, out-of-the-box thinking. While a large firm may assign your business to junior-level people, we’re small enough to offer very personal service from senior-level consultants.
Training of 142 tourism professionals and 16 SMEs from WB to respond to COVID-19 challenges and to improve business performance.
Recent Tourism Interventions
2 Advise the University of Sports in Tirana to develop the training curricula and program for the certification of tourist rafting & hiking guides from the Ministry of Tourism.
3 Training of 142 tourism professionals and 16 SMEs from WB to respond to COVID-19 challenges and to improve business performance.
4 Developing and implementing a tourism Bootcamp for established tourism businesses to explore and develop new business ideas.
5 Creation of 3 digital tourism campaigns (2022) “ ”; Albania: Unparalleled, Exceptional and Authentic (2020) “ Stay Safe Now and Visit Albanians Later ”; (2019) “ Be Taken by Albania ”
6 Support “ River Collective ” and “ EcoAlbania ” NGOs for the protection of natural ecosystems
7 Development of the first Virtual Tourism Show in Albania