Up to 14 people
Typical class of water
Join an Active Albania trip with expert guides and support the growth of the adventure tourism and of the local economy of Vjosa community. Save the blue heart of Europe. Vjosa no dams!
Click ‘see changes’ for specific Foreign Office travel advice plus any trip alterations and additional safety measures in place, as a result of COVID-19.
A Company you can Trust
✓Professional certified guide .
✓ First aid equipment.
✓ Waterproof bag.
The trip fare doesn’t include coffee and any kind of drink except water. You’ll have extra activities (optional tour) if you choose them, and you’ll probably feel like tipping your guides at the end of a fabulous trip, though you won’t need to pull out your wallet every few minutes on your Active Albania adventure tour!
✓Very sport light wear (short trousers and t-shirt).
✓ Sandals / sneakers for walking, strong and non-slippery.
✓Sunlight protection cream.
✓An extra pair of underneath.
✓ An extra pair of long trouser, t-shirt
Meeting point – Permet
We can organize the pick up from any other hotel or guest house in Gjirokastra and from any other city in Albania upon request.
Length of rafting trip
Transportation Permet– Vjosa river – Permet 1 – 1,5 hours
Preparation, instructions and downriver 2,5 – 3,5 hours
Local lunch 1 hour
* Rafting trips in Albania do not provide high level of difficulty, but every visitor should consider:
- Age over 16-70 years (persons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.)
- To know swimming
- Be healthy and have consulted the doctor during the year.
- Have a weight no heavier than 100 kg
In absolute terms, the person should not have diseases and complications following:
- Cardiac disease of any kind
- Flake out or lose of feeling of any kind
- Problems of the spine and muscular system that reduce the physical possibility of safety.
- Problems with breathing apparatus
- Nerve Problems
- Problems with eyes (severe myopia, retinal detachment, glaucoma)
- Be under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs, drugs, alcohol.
There are no limits of age and weight for the low levels: Class II (June – November)
Minimum 6 persons and maximum 14 person.
Please let us know of any dietary requirements in advance so we can cater to these.
The best months for experiencing this tour are April to June and September to November when the weather is warm and sunny, reaching temperatures of around 30 degrees.
The children can join only private trips. They should have at least 15 years old.
Previous experience, medical conditions, weight, dietary requirements.